St. James Anglican Church is located in
the heart of Sandy Springs, Georgia -- a suburb of Atlanta.
Established in 1967 by Bishop Frank H. Benning St. James continues
following the traditional Anglican faith in this ever increasing
modern era. Our services come from the traditional 1928 Book of
Common Prayer and we are here for those seeking a traditional
worship experience based in the solemn beauty and dignity of the
Anglican Faith. Our service music is the Grand Traditional 1940
Hymnal Standard Harmony Edition as required by the 1928 Book of
Common Prayer and is provided in glorious Pipe Organ by Clyde
We at St. James are a diverse mix of Christians bound by common
beliefs, and a shared appreciation for the Christian fellowship our
church provides. St. James is commitment to preserving the beautiful
language and solemn dignity of traditional Anglican rituals. Some of
us are former Episcopalians; others are Anglicans from around the
St. James Anglican Church was founded in 1967 and celebrated it's 45
Years of Faith, in the summer of 2012. Our church is a converted
farmhouse dating back to the Pre-Civil War Era. Surrounded by
massive, ancient trees in nearly three rolling green acres of
beautiful park-like settings in what is now Sandy Springs; St. James
provides not only the Anglican tradition, our location harkens back
to a more calm and peaceful time, amidst the hustle and bustle of
a busy and growing modern city.
We are a small church, with a goal of making visitors feel at home
while witnessing the saving power and grace of Jesus Christ.
Currently our services are held only on Sunday at 11am unless otherwise
indicated. However as time progresses we expect to expand our
Holy Communion is held the first and third Sunday of the month, with
Morning Prayer on the second and fourth Sunday of the month.
We welcome all, including Episcopalians who long for traditional
Anglicanism which has long since faded from their current services.
St. James Anglican Church is the home
Cathedral of The Anglican Episcopal Diocese, South and a proud
member of the ACIC / ACUSA with oversight
from The Rt. Rev. Larry W. Johnson of The Anglican Church of Virginia.